EXPANSION, PUPPY, NEW APT, CLIMBING AND MORE LIFE.
So it seems as if after I got hacked, I lost some motivation to post every month. My last update was in August 2015.
There has been many changes since my last update and I'd like to share with ya'll. In no particular order...
I doubled the price for the software company (I co-own with Ron) and we are still selling. I took a "how to create awesome courses" course and this is one of their tips. I followed it and it works.
What that essentially did was increase our revenue from 2,772.78 (2014) to $5,870.95 (2015) increasing sales by 111% [graphs below]. Not bad for part time work.
As for the auto dismantling business, I was randomly texting the owner of another dismantling company and ended up buying him out as his was shutting down. So I had to hire another employee, which upped the worker's comp yearly payments, and I also had to hire another VA to keep up the workload, which increased a shitload of expenses. DID I MENTION.. several more cars were purchased?!
So sales are getting to be better at around 20K but I really need them to go to 30K/month to be "okay" with things and afford everyone. To help facilitate that, I did something I haven't done before - got a business loan to purchase more inventory. It's a risk but hey, no risk, no reward. Paypal was like, "hey, here's 20K and you can pay us back with 15% of your daily sales, no late fees, and no penalties (except if you don't pay us anything - THEN WE WANT IT ALL BACK of course). So within 1 minute, they gave me 20K. I was on different forums contemplating taking money from Paypal and some people were given 200K (because their sales were probably in the millions) in order to expand their businesses. So 20K is like a spit in the bucket.
Will all of this money be snorted up my nose, you ask?
Nope. I'm not into that sort of thing. Yet.
I'm going to use it to purchase the inventory + manpower I need to push us to 30K/month. That's what. Don't you dare question my judgement on this! Paypal working capital works pretty well for small businesses. It's like those micro-lenders in those third world countries. We shall see how this goes a couple of months down the line. If I can't "make it rain", I'll just pay them back to get the monkey off my shoulders. WE. SHALL. SEE.
I also made other moves like..
- got a 2% cash back business credit card (due to the huge amount of money being spent every month, this was a sound decision)..
- and I negotiated better shipping rates with UPS that will open this whole avenue of being able to sell more heavy items to my customers...
- AND worked late nights to create a central area where all the inventory will be sync'd to one place. website JUST launched.
- and started selling on Amazon
- and found out Amazon lets you have 2 day free shipping on orders over $45 if you are a business entity (did NOT know this before! damn you, Prime, for not saying anything about this to me!)
I was only able to do all of this because I hired another worker to help take over tasks I used to do.
That is why I believe taking money from Paypal is a good decision. It will allow me to pay for what's necessary to increase inventory and in turn increase sales. Once I push sales to 30K/month, it will be a GAME CHANGER, bitch. What I do know right now is I have a kick ass team. Small, but kick ass. Gotta have a kick ass team when the business is so tiny.
But life is not all about monies and numberz.
Seriously, where do people find time to do everything? WHERE? I can barely do a few things/month.
Onto PERSONAL stuffs:
- am still climbing (rocks).
- rescued a female puppy whom I named HAROLD.
- still find time to enjoy holidays, friends, date, etc.
- used to rent from various peeps but now I have a place of my own (mainly so that I can keep Harold). Probably will buy a house in the future after taxes are submitted for 2015. Maybe.
- am still not 30 yet! (hah.)
Things I've failed at:
- Taking more vacations. So in January I'm planning to go on a trip with my colleague maybe to Machu Picchu.
- Becoming a better climber. I want to at least be able to lead more 10's.
- Trying to start an import company (too many other projects got in the way). This project got kicked to the wayside.
- Maintaining and going to more meetups. I went to a Maker Con and am super inspired to buy a 3 day printer! But that was it.
- Keep in better shape. Losing 10 lbs was NOT my goal. But it just happened because I was working too much and forgetting to eat.
For the next three months I will
- Lead climb more 10's.
- Probably hire another worker + buy more cars ==> push sales to 30k/month. Or ship at least 500 items/month by the end of March.
- Go on a trip - anywhere! (In January).
- Release a video series for the software company and push sales to $2000/month.
- Attend more tech meetups! (LA is just so far... but I would love to go to more of these meetups. Anyone want to carpool?)
- Figure out who I am and what I really want in life (hahaha... this is a lofty one).
- To be happy.
- the undying support of my parents, who would visit me and bring delicious Asian food.
- friends from college, friends from the high desert, & my work team.
- being able to wake up everyday and live life as a free, happy, healthy individual.