KPD Podcast Session 2: James Altucher's answer to Quora Question
Contact me here for submissions!
Contact me here for submissions!
The simple goals I've made for myself eventually gets done & I want to write a post to celebrate.
2) Make superfastlistings.com generate monthly income. --> We had 5. 1 dropped out due to not meeting their boss's deadline. 4 remains! Monthly income: $63.80/month. $15.95/month payment per person at $200 initial purchase price. I am now listening to Pat Flynn's podcasts and figuring out ways to do this better. Why superfastlistings is important to me is because it represents passive income. It represents creating a system where I don't have to show up everyday in order to earn money. If I can succeed at creating systems which earn money online - I won't have to really worry about working as much & can enjoy life more.
3) Get more than 11K in sales/month for my auto parts company. --> It took a TON of work. 1.5 years of effort. But I did it!
4) Hire a virtual assistant. --> He is very helpful and an extremely fast worker.
6) Get over 500+ connections on linkedin. --> 557 and counting! I know. I need to update my profile. I will soon.
7) Push the worth of web of this blog site to over $2000 --> Did it! That means:
8) Be more happy with myself, hang out with more friends, & exercise more --> I have membership to Hanger 18 and I have been climbing like a gym monkey! I am making time more for friends as well. I also recently got a Mega Jul, Gri gri, Quick Lok carabiner, Quickdraw set of 5, my own chalkbag (instead of borrowing from my boyfriend all the time), my own purple harness, and a really cool headlamp. Yeaaaaahhhhh.
9) AND LAST BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY = Prioritize what's important. --> Listening to people more and put more effort into genuinely appreciating the friendships and relationships I have.
1) Recognize/appreciate/learn how to trust and love more.
Fix all broken links.
Build a thriving forum.
Sign up to Clickbank to create an affiliate marketing avenue.
Hire someone to do marketing & do SEO for the company.
Get monthly subscription to be $500/month. It is a very modest goal so it is within our reach.
Get over 100 Subscribers to our newsletter. Right now we have 69 subscribers.
3) Bless Lynn's heart. I shut down sometimes when life gets too much but she is patient with me & lets me be until I can recover and return.
Get rid of broken components on whoistubian.com
Implement and earn at least $1 in affiliate link marketing on whoistubian.com
Write more blogs!
Earn at least $1 in adsense revenue.
4) Push my auto parts company to 20K in sales/month. [This will hopefully not be that difficult.]
5) Learn how to aid climb so I can do big walls or large walls & in general become a stronger climber and a more athletic individual so I can conquer life - better.
6) Start Auto Parts Lab. It is another auto dismantling company but this time it will be run by more than just 1 person. I will have two co-founders. This is my first stab at trying to franchise but not really franchising. Goal is to break even for the first month.
7) Work on kimpossibledang.com as a blog.
Start a podcast. Never tried it before but thought about it for awhile.
Get worth of web to $3000.
Reach at least 30 email subscribers. Right now I have 18.
Have more affiliate links.
8) Continue lolpartdeux.com & try to get at least $100 in adsense revenue from it. So far the below is my adsense earnings for it. Pathetic. But oh wells!:
Life is short. If I fail - I fail. But at least I try. I'm not getting any younger. I guess those are my goals for the next months. By writing this down I hope to make myself more accountable & that I can keep on pushing ahead. They all work towards the following ideas in mind:
3) FINANCIAL FREEDOM.
PS. I am so proud of my lil' bro for having his white coat ceremony. He goin' be a docta.
I am thankful for my family, my friends, and my boyfriend.
By moving to Hesperia by myself to start a company & consequently isolating myself to an unhealthy extent - I lose myself sometimes and I am going to actively work to get that happiness back.
Thank you for still trying.
Awhile ago I started a comic website.
Although with only a few comic strips (around 30), it climbed the ranks of over 23 thousand web comic sites to be ranked at 746/23080 at The Webcomic List.
Why did I stop drawing? Because I was busy doing other things - like trying to earn a living. Now that earning a living is in my reach & I am actively doing it... I am itching to draw again. I like to draw comics purely because I think in STICK figures on an almost daily basis. It's an ongoing problem I refuse to treat.
So below is my first attempt at the beginning of something beautiful. (I hope.)
It's only appropriate to include this at the end of the strip:
You can download the PDF here:
Just some random updates...
my worth of web has crept up to a STAGGERING $1951 but have not reached $2000 yet. ALMOST! I have a dream.. that one day... it will breach $2000. What a weird dream, though.
I went rock climbing in Mexico on a mini vacation, pushed sales of my auto dismantling thingymacompany to 11K/month, added a quiz to whoistubian.com, & am in the process of adding a forum to superfastlistings.com purchased from vbulletin. Tomorrow I am going to be attending this event in Santa Monica because I am drawn to the start up world.
To no one in particular: I am doing okay. I just need time to figure things out.